Friday, January 7, 2011

Day Two


From Lori Martin:

This entire trip has been amazing. I have made many new friends amongst the children and God has also used this time to deepen relationships with kids I met this summer.

Day two was particularly special to me because we visited Zeleny Gai orphanage which houses the children I spent the most time with at camp (Go Lions!) I love them so supernaturally and am so thankful to God for allowing me to spend time with them again.

They were excited to see us again and equally eager to engage in discussion and participate in activities. Despite their learning disabilities, fears, and lack of nurture, they display so much affection and kindness.

I pray that we can all trust God's work in this place and that these kids could fully know they are recipients of His love. My heart breaks for them. I hope their Christmas was a little brighter this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment