Sunday, December 5, 2010

Meet the Team: Kelly Wendel


When I signed up to go to Ukraine two summers ago, it was mostly about simply going on a mission trip
– something that I had always wanted to do. I quickly realized that this experience in Ukraine was not
going to be a onetime trip to check off my to-do list, but was instead about nurturing relationships with
these kids who had stolen my heart. Both times that we left the camp, my first thought was, “I have to
come back.” These children have experienced too many broken promises and I do not want to be yet
another person who has walked in and out of their life. I want to do my best to show them that they are
loved and remembered…not only by me and the rest of the team, but by their Heavenly Father who will
never leave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment