Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Meet the Team: Betsy Trent


Name: Betsy Trent


Age: 24


Occupation: Nanny


Favorite Movie: Nacho Libre


What is your perfect day?: I would wake up around 7 am, have a nice cup of coffee, read and write in my journal, clean my room, eat a granola bar...then go to the gym (preferably a spin class); after that I would get cleaned up, then hang out with friends at a park after we've gone to Sonic happy hour and gotten half-price drinks. By this time it would be around 5 pm and I would like to have dinner with my friends (potluck, if you will)...then we could hang out in our backyard, sit by the fire pit, play some corn hole, drink some ice cold lemonade and enjoy each others company. I would brush my teeth, wash my face, and be in bed around 10pm....and that, to me, is a perfect day.


If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?: My sister


WHY are you going???: My first trip to Ukraine was this past January. I loved every minute of it; even though there were things that took some adjusting to, those very things made the trip all the better. The kids we were able to visit with were so full of life; it was truly amazing to see them so happy to see us and so quick to warm up to us- even me, because I had never met any of them before. As big of an impact as we may make in their lives, they're making just as much of an impact in ours- whether they know that or not- and that, to me, is reason enough to go. Our Father in Heaven is watching those children, and I feel blessed to be part of such a wonderful mission. I can't wait for this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment